The Decimal Day 50p marks the 50th Anniversary of 14 February 1971 when Britain “went decimal”. This is the 94th design issued since the 50p coin was introduced in 1969, 2 years before Decimal Day.
The coin obverse shows the 5th portrait of the Queen by Jody Clark – NOT the 2nd portrait by Arnold Machin present on coins in sets.
Make sure to check out our other Bunc 50ps we have in stock
- A 50p coin to mark 50 years since big change for the United Kingdom’s coinage
- Struck to Brilliant Uncirculated standard – a finer finish than circulating coins
- See which pre-decimal coins you can spot on this commemorative 50p coin
- An official United Kingdom coin, approved by Her Majesty The Queen
- Presented in a fold-out wallet full of Decimal Day facts
- Learn about the coins that launched in 1971 and the special portrait they featured